NDIS Support Coordinator
DAISI is a NDIS provider delivering services to customers throughout the Gold Coast, Tweed and NSW Far North Coast. DAISI is a values driven organisation, committed to maintaining a genuine, supportive team who work together for the benefit of our community, DAISI and each other. At DAISI we work and make decisions guided by our shared core values of:
- Trust and Accountability
- Individual Practice
- Capacity Building
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, as a Support Coordinator you will have a challenging and rewarding role empowering people with disability to live a meaningful, personally satisfying and ordinary life. You will support them to enact their NDIS plan, build support networks and enhance their opportunities for community connections and social inclusion. You will also develop organisational capacity through effective partnerships with other service providers.
In this role you will work with minimum supervision and have the freedom to develop innovative and unconventional approaches to meeting complex, individualised needs, and opportunities to take on new skills.
The majority of services will be delivered in the Tweed and Gold Coast areas, however regular attendance at the DAISI head office in Ballina is required.
Full or part-time options can be discussed.
You have well developed problem solving and negotiation skills, excellent verbal and written communication with proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook. You can organise heavy workloads effectively and meet multiply deadlines, while maintaining the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Community and Human Services and/or related disciplines:
- Disability Support
- Developmental Educator
- Social Worker
- Welfare Worker
- Other Care Worker – Mental Health Support, Peer Worker
- Additional consideration will be extended to applicants holding a Bachelor of Disability and Development or higher
- Experience working with people with a disability, their family and carers, and an understanding of the impacts on daily living for people with disability
- A good working knowledge of the NDIS, individualised funding and person-centred approaches for people with a disability and experience with person centred planning tools
- Ability to gain or hold a current Working with Children Check (NSW), Blue Card (Qld) and Criminal History check (NSW & QLD)
- Current NSW or QLD drivers license.
What we offer?
A professional, respectful workplace with supportive colleagues.
Flexible work option across a 38-hour work week.
Generous packaging benefits reducing your taxable income.
Please email your application to email@example.com with the subject line: Support Coordinator application.
Your application needs to include:
- a covering letter that identifies how your qualifications, experience and skills meet the requirements of this role
- your CV
- copies of your qualifications
- copies of your a current Working with Children Check (NSW), Blue Card (Qld) and Criminal History check (NSW & QLD) if available.
To view the position description, click here.
Applications close 4 pm 14/06/2019
DAISI is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. People with disability, those with lived experience with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the LGBTIQ community are encouraged to apply
For more Information
For further information please contact Joanne McLean on 0407 227 880. Please ensure you leave a message with your number if unanswered so we can get back to you.