1800 800 340

Frequently Asked Questions - Disability

FAQs - Disability

Find a list of some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):



Legal Aid NSW delivers a range of innovative, high quality legal services to eligible assist in the resolution of legal problems.

The local contact number for the North Coast of NSW is (02) 6621 2082.

Please see Factsheet 7 on Legal Support for more information.

Alternatively you could also call LawAccess NSW on 1300 88 529

LawAccess NSW is a free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in NSW.





Northern Rivers Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service

The Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service provides free, independent information, advice, advocacy and referrals to tenants in the Northern Rivers of NSW.

Our Service provides advice to eligible tenants including caravan park residents. We prioritise private tenants/caravan park residents facing termination, all social housing tenants, and tenants with complex needs.

Contact Number: 1800 649 135





stayz.com.au is an online holiday portal designed to help you plan fantastic holidays in Australia. They list a diverse range of holiday accommodation in Australia.

The stayz website has the ability to search for holiday accommodation by accessibility click here.

Please note that before booking a holiday it is always best to call the hotel/resort to make sure that the accommodation is acceptable to your needs.

Leisure Options

Leisure Options is a provider of supported holidays for individuals with special needs. Leisure Options specialise in providing local, national and international disability travel and holidays for people with physical and intellectual disabilities, acquired brain injury, anyone requiring a travel


Ozmates Travel provides supported holidays for passengers with special needs, acquired brain injury and physical disability.

There are 3 possible ways of planning a holiday: booking on to one of their existing holidays published on the Ozmates website and in from the Ozmates brochure, creating an individual holiday, or creating a holiday for a group.

Infoxchange has a list of organisations that provide supported holidays.

There are a number of paths that can be taken to find a resolution to a complaint or a dispute. There are also many factors that need to be taken into account. The method in which are resolution is sorted will be defined by the type of complaint or dispute.

The process to find resolutions to conflicts can be difficult but fortunately there are agencies that can help you by working on your behalf as an advocate.

Ability Incorporated Advocacy Service is funded to advocate and support people with disabilities their families and carers. The service is FREE to consumers. A person can access the service if they have a disability that has an; acquired brain injury, sensory, or physical impairment, or a combination of such, and is permanent or likely to be permanent and the person must have a need for ongoing support services.

Contact: 1800 657 961


To find out if you are eligible you can call the NDIA on 1800 800 110 or go to myaccesschecker.ndis.gov.au.